TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I think what theduck means to reference is
People Seeking Info

Subject I think what theduck means to reference is

Posted by Zvil (FL) on March 06, 2015 at 4:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 192 times.

In Reply To Incorrect. (n/m) posted by TheDuck (Single Snail) on March 05, 2015 at 03:02 PM

Message The intake plenum portion is no longer helping the engine "stack" air into the cylinders, but I personally see that affecting the low end power only slightly compared to the inertia and trim of the larger turbo. The volume of the piping will decrease transition response as the turbo has to fill more space with pressurized air but thats mostly going to be felt in the form of throttle response. The real bottleneck here is the stock sized valves and stock cams IMO. Once you improve the flow into the cylinder, the turbo can feed itself more quickly, add to that lower compression and each stroke will move more air, the off positive power will suffer but the transition from no boost to boost will happen much faster. High compression is mostly the reason that curve is so gradual.

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.